Maintaining your body’s nutrition should be a major goal when seeking any medical help. Nutrition and chiropractic care always go hand in hand. It is impossible to achieve the desired result without having a proper nutritional meal. When the body is receiving chiropractic care, it requires more nutritional value to mend itself in order to support the damage or injury for which the care is being provided. It is essential that you take proper nutrition when seeking chiropractic care.
What Effect Does Nutrition And Chiropractic Care Have On Your Nervous System?
The prime work of chiropractic care is to realign and manipulate the spine with the nervous system. You already know the role your spine and nervous system plays in maintaining the body. The spinal cord and brain need to be free of interference by having your spine aligned for your body to carry out various functions. Hence, it is very important to take good care of your spine. When working on improving the position of your spine, if you are not nourishing it properly, it will undo all the hard work which is being done. With proper nutrition, your skeletal system and the nervous system can work together for better healing.
Does Nutrition Help In Reducing Inflammation?
Often in the case of chiropractic care, it is noticed that the patient has severe inflammation in the muscles near the spinal area. This can be a result of an accident, poor posture, sports injuries, or twisting in the wrong way. Inflammation can also occur as a result of cancer, diabetes, or heart diseases. To help assist the proper adjustment(s) by your doctor of chiropractic, your chiropractor will often recommend ice to help relieve pain and heat for muscle stiffness. To further help your body to heal the inflammation, it is recommended to exercise proper nutrition. Consumption of foods like tomato, fruits, fish, olive oil, leafy vegetables, nuts, etc. have proven to reduce inflammation.
How Does Nutrition Improve Musculoskeletal Health?
Food that is high in protein and calcium is known to increase bone density. This is very important while we age. You want a healthy skeletal structure to ensure that you are maintaining a healthy body. What you eat is important. It is important to understand that your musculoskeletal health totally depends on nutrition. This is the primary source of nutrients the body will use to rebuild and repair torn muscles and injuries.
What Is The Relation Between Nutrition And Recovery?
Nourishment plays a vital role in maintaining the body’s health standards from within. It also helps in reducing the risk of illness or injuries. There are several correlations between nutrition and recovery; let us discuss some in more detail:
- Supports Injury Rehabilitation: When you consume a diet rich in antioxidants such as berries, apricots, grapes, milk, nuts, your body becomes stronger to fight internal inflammation. Food rich in lean protein such as yogurt, tofu, beef, etc. provides your body with essential building blocks that help repair cellular damage.
- Reduce Joint Or Back Pain: When you are overweight, there is an unnecessary load on the spine or joints, which can result in back pain. Reducing your weight using a proper nutritious meal filled with proteins and magnesium instead of fats and calories will help reduce the additional strain that is being put on the musculoskeletal system.
- Increase Energy: Food that has a high percentage of sugar or preservative makes us feel lethargic as well as tired. As a result, we feel constantly exhausted, fatigued, sleepy, and irritable. When you consume a food that has proper nutrition, you don’t feel tired or drowsy; hence your posture will be straight throughout the day. This can go a long way in maintaining a good posture for the overall health of the spine.
What Is The Importance Of Protein, Calcium, And Magnesium During Chiropractic Care?
When seeking chiropractic care, it is always important to be attentive to your calorie intake. If a person is seeking chiropractic care to recover from a spinal cord injury, his activity levels will most likely be lower than normal. When this is combined with high-calorie intake, it can lead to unnecessary weight gain. This is not good for the spine as it would throw off the whole process.
Protein is an excellent way to recover muscle injuries. People seeking chiropractic care for muscle injuries should include protein-rich food in their diet. This would build and repair their worn-out muscles. This is great support for their chiropractic care. Chiropractic care is often accompanied by some sort of weakness in the bones that causes problems with the proper alignment of the spine. Calcium is a great agent that helps build muscle strength. This is why it is recommended that you have a diet rich in calcium to help strengthen and maintain your musculoskeletal system.
Epidemiological studies suggest that people who have a dietary consumption of magnesium seem to have low chances of bone diseases. Together with calcium and protein, magnesium acts as a binding agent that helps increase the strength of muscles and bones, pushing you forward to the road to recovery.
Some Healthy Food Items You Should Include In Your Diet When Seeking Chiropractic Care
A chiropractor’s work is mostly concerned with the spine and the muscles surrounding it. Hence, it would be highly beneficial if you add the following food to your diet that would help you increase your bone density and also make your muscles stronger.
- Salmon Or Coldwater Fish- It has Omega 3 fatty acids that help in reducing inflammation in blood vessels and improves blood flow. It also has calcitonin, which is proven to reduce inflammation in joints.
- Olive Oil- It has anti-inflammatory compounds that can reduce inflammation in the spinal column cartilage. It also controls back pain and stiffness.
- Turmeric- Reduces tissue damage and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Some other helpful additions include green leafy vegetables, Broccoli, Red Grapes, Thyme, beet, celery, ginger, etc.
By increasing the intake of certain nutrients, you can reduce inflammation, increase blood circulation, and build healthier bones and muscles. This, in turn, when combined with a professional and guided chiropractic care, will go a long way and help you get recovery from any spinal injury soon.
Our chiropractors are efficiently trained to help you get better musculoskeletal health, and we want you to get the most out of every visit. Hence, we will be there at your service when you look for chiropractors near me.